Tuesday, November 20, 2007

December "Calendar Girl" Adrienne Ritter


Adrienne Ritter is one of the finest people I have ever met. She lives in Harrisburg, and is a wife and mother of two girls and a boy, and a stepmother to two more girls and three more boys. She works at a local military supply depot where, I am *not* making this up.....she packs supplies for our soldiers abroad!
She is a three year survivor and is just as optimistic and lovely as the day is long. I actually met her Christmas day, 2004, as she spoke to a group of us about faith and strength. With tears streaming down her face, she told us about getting "The Call" with the diagnosis. She talked about how she was afraid, and that if God wanted to call her home, that she had lived a rich and full life, and the she was grateful all the same. Her prompt diagnosis and treatment have allowed us to share her beauty and inspiration for these last three years and I hope for many to come. She is genuinely one of the finest people I have had the honor to meet in my life and I love her dearly.
My name is Jeb Boyd, and I can be reached at whiskeyspringstudios@earthlink.net . I had the pleasure and honor of the initial photograph, yet due to technical issues, this has been a group effort, and as I write this, other terrific photographers in this project are editing the final image as I am the victim of antiquated technology here in the mountains of central Pennsylvania. I am proud to be affiliated with this awesome project, and hope to do this again! Special thanks to Eric, "Mr. October", for his unflagging patience helping me to get Adrienne to you!
Adrienne's quote? "Through God's grace, medical miracles, and determination of soul, I *will* survive!".

No comments: